In 2014 I was out on the town celebrating my new job in finance at a local hospital with a friend. That night, I was introduced to Lucila. The next week I started my new job and had my first date with Lucila. Fast forward six months and I decided hospitals were not my thing, but working in financial services has always been my career path, so joining LOTUS just made sense. Lucila likes to say that she made an offer I couldn't resist; she would pay me half the money and we would have twice as much fun! She was right.
As the LOTUS Business Manager, my job is to tackle all the back-end issues so that the advisors can stay focused on their clients. This means that I handle the banking, accounting, purchasing, payroll processing, IT desktop issues, and management of our new offices. Clients sometimes ask if I can do their taxes. Unfortunately, I'm not THAT kind of CPA.
I am the guy they call to…
- Get their paychecks.
- Balance the books.
- Purchase coffee, computers, printer ink, etc.
- Fix anything that’s broken.
EDUCATION & LICENSES
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus on accounting – UW Milwaukee
- CPA issued by the state of Wisconsin (inactive)
- Studied abroad in Seville, Spain for a semester